As a newly appointed #teamzico ambassador, there were so many ideas running about in my head as to what to make that I literally had no idea where to start. Until a friend invited me over for dinner and I shunned her suggestion of ice cream for pudding (lactose-free, me) and decided to bring my own. Call me a pushy dinner guest but if I’m the one with weird eating requirements I should at least make it easy for my host.
Being short of time, I also wanted something quick. And light; there’s nothing worse than an overly rich pudding that makes you feel like an overloaded slug. So I decided to make one of my favourite puddings, a chocolate avocado mousse type pudding. However, I wanted to spice it up a bit so I totally revamped it. And you know what? It was GOOD. Instead of using coconut milk, I swapped in Zico coconut water and added cacao nibs and almonds for extra crunch. Oh, and cinnamon for a touch of warmth.
For this recipe, you need some kind of blender – I found a hand blender worked really well (you can pick one up for under £10 online or from large supermarkets such as Sainsburys) but you can also use a Nutribullet if you have one. You can also pick up Zico from most supermarkets such as Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and online at Amazon.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 4 heaped tablespoons of cacao nibs
- 4 tablespoons of raw honey (or coconut palm sugar)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 3 handfuls of almonds
- 1/3 cup of Zico coconut water
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Desiccated coconut for decoration
- Blend the avocado, raw cacao powder, cacao nibs, almonds, cinnamon and sea salt together.
- Add the honey and blend until mixed in well and do the same for the coconut oil.
- Add the coconut water, a little at a time, blending as you go.
- Once everything is as smooth as you can get it (unless you light it with added crunch), have a little taste and check for sweetness. If needed, add a little more honey.
- Spoon into a jar, sprinkle on the desiccated coconut, seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled and eat immediately.
Depending on how much you’ve eaten before, this serves at least 4 people. It doesn’t last too long so make it fresh and keep it for no longer than a few days.
Let me know what you think!
For more Zico inspiration have a look at: