Perhaps I had a terrible childhood event. Who knows. Who cares. All that’s certain is that fireworks are rubbish.
- Fireworks cost loads for a couple of seconds’ enjoyment.
- Sudden bangs make me bite my tongue.
- I hate the way the bang comes a split second after the firework explodes.
- My neck hurts from looking up.
- Fireworks are just colours – they on’t even dance. Or sing. And no, the Catherine Wheel squeal is not singing.
- Some boys once aimed fireworks at our house when I was a kid and dad called the police, convinced that bad people were shooting at us.
- It’s cold standing outside.
- It’s traditional to stand and watch. Where are the seats?! I’m thirty and too old to be standing around in muddy fields. Unless it’s a festival.
- Fireworks scare my cat.
- Fireworks scare me.
C’mon now, who agrees with me?