“Boxing is real easy. Life is much harder.” ~Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
Whenever I ask anyone whether they want to come to a boxing class, the majority of people wrinkle up their noses and go ‘Nah, I’d rather not get my face punched in.’ And gosh, it’s getting boring. As Floyd from FloBox has always said, boxing is a bit like playing chess. All I can say is, try it before you diss it.
- The more you weigh, the more calories you will burn.
- It’s a social sport and you’ll get to meet and make friends with many people. Plus, you know the guys there will be fit and toned and able to protect you!
- A lot of boxing is about technique, so even if you’re little, you can still pack a hearty punch.
- It’s hard work and will make you feel alive.
- Boxing benefits are weight loss, increased agility, better coordination, toned muscles and greater fitness. Exceedingly good for toned bottoms!
- You decide how far you want to you take it. Don’t fancy getting hit? That’s not a problem? Want to give it a go but are scared of getting hurt? They’ll take it easy on you.
- Boxing is perfect for men AND women. Yes, guys are generally stronger but women are known for picking up combinations faster and have more flexibility around their mid-section.
- Equipment isn’t expensive. The very least you’ll need is your own hand wraps – you’ll be stinky enough at the end without having super-stinky hands from shared gloves.
- If you can learn how to take a punch, it’ll make you a better person. Life deals you lots of blows and you’ve just got to roll with it.
- Boxing does wonders for your confidence and will provide you with a good grounding for self-defence.
In fact, read this list, get on it right away and book yourself in for a session – take a look at these boxing lessons in London >