Firstly, I must credit this Carrot Feta Salad to Audrey Boss from Beyond Chocolate (read my book review of her and her sister’s book, Beyond Temptation – they help you feel good about the way you eat).
During a meeting, I asked the ever-smiling Audrey for some healthy and easy-to-make recipes that would be suitable as a quick snack or lunch. Audrey described her carrot & feta creation and I’ve been loving it ever since. So much so, that I decided to put it into a recipe and share with you all.
This carrot & feta concoction is perfect as a meal on it’s own, or as an accompaniment to something light. For me, it’s the perfect lunchbox meal as it’s easy and ‘clean’ to transport. And most of all, filling.
- 3 medium carrots
- A handful of chopped feta cheese
- Half a lemon
- Half a handful of nuts and seeds (pumpkin, pine nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds etc)
- A dash of high quality extra virgin olive oil
- Grate the carrots and put them in a bowl.
- Add a dash of the olive oil, squeeze the lemon and mix in well.
- Scatter with nuts and seeds.
- Top off with feta cheese.
- Add black pepper to taste.
Other healthy recipes / snack ideas
If you like this, then, you’ve got to try these other healthy recipes and ideas:
- Curly Kale crisps recipe
- Inca Berries
- Favourite healthy snacks
- A breakfast, lunch and dinner of healthy recipes from Beyond Chocolate
- Three of the best drinks for healthy skin
* I wasn’t sure what to call this as it doesn’t technically feel like a salad – for a start, there’s no greens, and secondly, it’s filling. Any ideas what a better name would be?