GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE
Enjoy chicken with a difference with our tomato-stuffed, walnut and oregano-crusted dish. It’s a dish that’s got the wow-factor, without the work. The walnut crust brings a unique twist when combined with this commonly-used herb.
Whether you’re a meat-fiend or someone who only has meat once in a while, you’ll love how this tastes. It’s a delicious Italian-style dish that you can serve with a salad, on top of courgetti spaghetti or with potatoes.
- 4 organic chicken breasts
- 100g cornflour or gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs,beaten
- 200g walnuts, lightly roasted
- 1tbsp Schwartz Oregano
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200’C.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and roast for 15 minutes or until soft and juicy. Transfer to a blender and pulse to a paste and set aside to cool.
- Blitz the walnuts in a blender until they resemble fine crumbs and mix in the oregano.
- Meanwhile place the flour (seasoned with salt and pepper), beaten egg and walnut in three separate bowls with a baking tray lined with parchment at the end.
- Make an incision through the side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Open out the pocket and stuff with 1tbsp of the tomato mix. Secure with cocktail sticks.
- Dip each breast in flour, then egg, shaking to remove any excess and lastly, roll in walnut mix.
- Place on the lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving with a fresh salad.
Sponsored recipe produced in collaboration with Schwartz herbs.